With an eye on the G-6, Felipão’s team makes a classic that could leave its celestial rival in the relegation zone
(updated at 12:10 pm)
At opposite times in Brasileirão, Atlético-MG e cruise make the biggest classic in Minas Gerais this Sunday, at 4pm, on Arena MRV, in Belo Horizonte, for the 28th round. While the athletes try to enter the fight for a place in the next Libertadores Cupthe Cruzeirenses seek to stay away from the relegation zone.
Atlético-MG comes from a consistent victory over Palm treesat Allianz Parque, 2-0, a result that put them very close to the G-6, now with 43 points.
Cruzeiro, in turn, comes from four consecutive stumbles, the last being for the Flamengo 2-0, at Mineirão. With 31 points, they remain very close to the relegation zone.
This Minas Gerais classic has already been played 383 times, with 151 wins for Atlético-MG, 127 for Cruzeiro, and 105 draws. The celestial team, however, has not beaten its rival since 2021, when it scored 1-0 in the Campeonato Mineiro.
On Atlético’s side, coach Felipão will not have full-back Rubens, suspended for his third yellow card. However, the lineup will not change, as the holder of the position is Guilherme Arana. The news is the return of Battaglia. The midfielder trained normally and can return. With this, Alan Franco must lose space. Zaracho would also be an option.
On the other hand, Zé Ricardo will have a series of absences at Cruzeiro. Full-backs Marlon and Palácios, as well as striker Wesley, are suspended. Midfielder Ramiro and center forward Rafael Elias, known as Papagaio, remain vetoed by the medical department.
Without his full-backs, Zé Ricardo must play Wesley Gasolina on the right and Kaiki on the left. The offensive sector should count on Arthur Gomes and Bruno Rodrigues.
- LOCAL: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais.
- STADIUM: Arena MRV.
- DATA: 22/10/2023.
- TIME: 4pm (Brasília time).
- ATLÉTICO-MG – Everson; Mariano, Bruno Fuchs, Jemerson and Guilherme Arana; Battaglia, Otávio and Zaracho; Pavón, Hulk and Paulinho. Technician: Felipão.
- CRUISE – Rafael Cabral; Wesley Gasolina, Neris, Luciano Castán and Kaiki; Lucas Silva, Matheus Jussa, Matheus Pereira and Nikão; Bruno Rodrigues and Arthur Gomes. Technician: Zé Ricardo.
- 19/10 – Palmeiras 0x2 Atlético-MG (Brazilian championship).
- 19/10 – cruise 0x2 Flamengo (Brazilian Championship).
The post first appeared on www.terra.com.br