Clubs face direct battle against relegation in the Brazilian Championship; alvinegro is 4 points behind the first team outside the Z-4
(updated at 4:10 p.m.)
Bahia e Santos This Monday, the 18th, they will play a direct duel against relegation in the Brazilian championship. Experiencing a complicated crisis in 2023, the beach-based black and white team is four points away from leaving the Z-4 and it is essential that they achieve a victory if they want to breathe in the table. The Bahian tricolor, in 15th, has the same ambitions and even dreams of South American Cup if you get a good sequence.
Last Friday, Santos fired Diego Aguirre of the team command, days after taking 3-0 from cruise in Vila Belmiro, and, because of this, you will have Marcelo Fernandes as interim in the duel. Bahia also changed coaches recently, with Renato Paiva give place to Rogerio Ceniand already won in the first game under new ‘direction’ by scoring 4-2 in the Coritiba out of home.
Despite the recent triumph, Ceni will have some complications in choosing the team, as he will not be able to count on important players, such as the midfielder Cauly and the goalkeeper Danilo Fernandesinjured, and the steering wheel Rezendesuspended. Rafael Ratãoone of the club’s main reinforcements in the summer, leads the attack.
Marcelo Fernandes, in turn, will be honored with the important return of the midfielder Soteldo, who was suspended in the previous round and should appear in the team. However, if one returns, another leaves: Rodrigo Fernandezmidfielder, received his third yellow card against Cruzeiro and will not be on the field.
Bahia and Santos play in the 24th round of the Brasileirão and the match is scheduled to start at 8pm Brasília time. It will be Rogério Ceni’s debut at Arena Fonte Nova.
PLACE, DATE AND TIME
- LOCAL: Arena Fonte Nova.
- STADIUM: Salvador (BA).
- DATA: 18/09/2023.
- TIME: 8pm (Brasília time).
WHERE TO WATCH
- Premiere (Pay-per-view).
- O Estadão Follow the match in real time.
- BAHIA: Marcos Felipe; Gilberto, Kanu, Vitor Hugo and Camilo Cándido; Yago Felipe, Thaciano and Léo Cittadini; Ademir, Vinicius Mingotti and Rafael Ratão. Technician: Rogerio Ceni.
- SANTOS: João Paulo; Júnior Caiçara, Messias, João Basso and Dodô; Nonato, Jean Lucas and Soteldo; Mendoza, Marcos Leonardo and Lucas Braga. Technician: Marcelo Fernandes.
- 14/09 – Coritiba 2 x 4 Bahia – Brazilian championship.
- 14/09 – Santos 0 x 3 Cruzeiro – Brazilian Championship.
The post first appeared on www.terra.com.br