The arrival of 2024, like every new year, comes along with typical expenses for the period. But there is a chance to increase income. According to the most recent data from the Central Bank, there is more than R$7.5 billion sitting in inactive accounts at banks and other institutions that can be redeemed through the Valors Receivable platform.
- Mega da Virada: Winners have not yet redeemed around R$374 million of the prize
- Didn’t bet on Mega da Virada? Find out when the next Mega-Sena draw is
Of the forgotten total, around R$6 billion belongs to more than 40 million Brazilians. The rest of the amount is company money.
The platform also offers the possibility of consulting the values of a deceased person, with access for the heir, executor, executor or legal representative. To carry out this query, you must provide the deceased person’s CPF and date of birth.
- Bigger than Mega da Virada: discover the lottery that can pay R$3.9 billion, more than six times the value of the biggest prize in Brazil
To find out if you have money in these accounts, you need to access the Amounts Receivable page on the Central Bank website. There, you can also request a refund. See step by step how to carry out the consultation and how to redeem the money:
How to check forgotten money:
- Click on “Consult amounts receivable”;
- Fill in the fields with your data;
- Click on “Consult” and check;
- If you have amounts to receive, simply click on “Access SVR”. You must have a silver or gold level gov.br account to enter SVR.
- Pay attention to the date that the Receivable Amounts System will inform. This date will be a schedule, and you will be able to check the values and enter the details for the transfer on that day. The appointment will be made according to your date of birth. In the case of companies, according to the date of creation of the company;
- On the scheduled date, access the valorareciber.bcb.gov.br website again, using your gov.br login to find out the amount available for withdrawal and request the transfer;
- If you missed your appointment date, simply log back into the website valorareceber.bcb.gov.br and request new access. The system will inform you of a new return date.
Where can you have more forgotten money?
In addition to the amounts receivable, there are other possibilities for getting extra money at the beginning of the year. As O GLOBO showed at the beginning of December, more than 400 thousand Brazilians can recover their losses in savings caused during economic plans in the Collor and Sarney governments. The amounts, in these cases, can reach up to R$100 thousand.
Another way is to redeem the credit from that invoice in which the CPF was registered. GLOBO has prepared a list of resources that can help you start 2024 with more money.
1 – Money from the Collor and Sarney governments
Brazilians who suffered losses in savings accounts with the implementation of the economic plans of the Collor and Sarney governments are entitled to compensation. The plans that are part of the agreement are: Bresser (1987), Verão (1989), Collor I (1990) and Collor II (1991).
- Here’s how to order: Did you know that you may be entitled to a refund of bank fees?
A Febrapo survey shows that 470 thousand Brazilians can recover their losses, the amount can vary from R$3 thousand to up to R$100 thousand. Still according to the entity, more than 300 thousand people have already benefited from the collective agreement.
The value of the agreement depends on the base balance existing on the plan date. After joining, the money is returned within 15 days.
Who is entitled to receive it?
All account holders or their heirs who filed individual actions or executed judgments on collective actions/public civil actions until December 11, 2017 are entitled to receive the amount.
Those interested in joining the agreement must access the Agreement Portal, a unified online platform in this link.
In addition, there are membership tables directly with banks and joint efforts organized by the Judiciary, reports Febrapo.
All accessions, regardless of the form in which they are concluded and processed, must be entered and registered on the Agreements Portal by the financial institution.
- Nobel Prize warns: With artificial intelligence, IT can sow ‘self-destruction of jobs’
Savers have a period of 60 months to qualify after approval of the Addendum by the STF, which took place on May 28, 2020.
The inclusion of the CPF in the tax invoice is a way for states to have greater control over tax collection in commerce and combat tax evasion. But citizens benefit from including their CPF in the note; in some states, it is even possible to redeem the credits.
In São Paulo, for example, the Nota fiscal Paulista program returns up to 30% of the ICMS actually collected by commercial establishments to consumers. According to the state’s Department of Finance and Planning, around R$18.3 billion has already been returned — including credits and prizes.
- Problems with advertisers: X, ex-Twitter, is now worth just a third of what Elon Musk paid for the platform
Credits remain available to consumers for one year, counting from release, and can be used at any time within this period. In December, around R$13.7 million released in December 2022 for more than 11 million people matures.
According to Serasa, these are the states that have a CPF program in the note: Rio Grande do Sul, Maranhão, Rio de Janeiro, Alagoas, Minas Gerais, Bahia, Pará, Amazonas, Ceará, Sergipe, Rio Grande do Norte, Rondônia , Paraná and Federal District.
3 – Income Tax Refund
More than a million taxpayers fell through the cracks between March and September this year, according to the Federal Revenue Service, due to inconsistencies in their Income Tax declarations. Of the total, only 2% of the declarations retained do not have a Tax Refund or Payable value.
- Discover the story: 81-year-old gamer grandmother has 4 million followers and rocks Free Fire
To find out if you have anything to receive, access the Revenue website, click on “My Income Tax” and then “Check the Refund”. Then, click the start button and enter your CPF.
If you identify any pending issues in the declaration, you can rectify it, correcting the information that is wrong.
The Social Integration Program (PIS) and the Public Servant Asset Formation Program (Pasep) are tax contributions made by companies and public bodies. The objective is to finance the payment of unemployment insurance, bonuses and participation in the revenue of these entities.
According to the Ministry of Labor, in PIS/Pasep 2023 (base year 2021) 24,508,476 workers were identified as being entitled to the salary bonus. Those who have not yet attended the paying units to receive payment are 540,892 workers. The amount available for withdrawal, according to the ministry, is around R$535.8 million.
How do I know if I am entitled to PIS/PASEP?
You must meet the following criteria:
- Have been paid for at least 30 days of work in 2020;
- Have worked with a formal contract in 2020;
- Have received, on average, up to a maximum of two monthly minimum wages in 2020;
- Be registered with PIS-Pasep for at least five years;
- That your employer has updated your data in the Annual Social Information List (Rais).
How to check the PIS/PASEP value?
To access the Salary Allowance information in the Digital Work Card, the worker must update the application, then access the Benefits and Salary Allowance tab, to check the amount, day and bank of receipt.
To obtain the digital document, the worker will need the CPF number and must create an authenticated account on the gov.br portal.
You can also download the app from the box website.
5 – FGTS birthday withdrawal
The birthday withdrawal is a method of redeeming FGTS resources. It allows workers to withdraw a portion of the FGTS in the month of their birthday. To date, 34 million workers have chosen to advance the modality. In the period from January 1st to December 6th, 2023 alone, R$14.4 billion were withdrawn.
Before requesting the redemption, the worker must check the account balance on the FGTS App or on the website www.caixa.gov.br/extrato-fgts, informing the CPF or NIS (Social Registration Number, also called PIS/Pasep or NIT). You need to register if you haven’t already
The post first appeared on oglobo.globo.com