José Manuel López, River’s new target to reinforce the lead

Published


Jose Manuel Lopez, Palmeiras striker
Jose Manuel Lopez, Palmeiras striker

River They are trying to rebuild for what will be 2024 and went out in search of a forward. The unexpected departure of Salomón Rondón caused the club to go on the market to look for a player in that position. While Matías Arezo was considered the first option and after ruling out the possibility of adding Lucas Alario, now the guns are pointing at Jose Manuel Lopeza forward who does not have many playing minutes at Palmeiras.

José López, former Lanús, He is not a starter at Palmeiras and that is why the Brazilian club has no problem letting him go and could even be loaned out.. The forward played 40 times last season, with eight goals scored, but he was a starter in only 12 games.

Palmeiras paid 7 million dollars for 70 percent of López’s transfer (the other 30% goes to Lanús), who has a contract at the club until June 2027. According to the Brazilian press, ‘Verdao’ has no problem sitting down to talk about the forward, but he is not desperate to let him leave the institution either.. Abel Ferreira does not have him as a starter, but he does see him as a good alternative.

Martín Demichelis and the idea with José Manuel López

River’s idea is to have a transfer market in which some team building problems are solved. Rondón’s departure (he went to Pachuca with the pass in his possession) meant that he will be left with Miguel Borja and Agustín Ruberto as options in that position. Although Demichelis also knew how to use Facundo Colidio there, the idea is to have one more ‘9’ as an option.

Demichelis believes that López is a good alternative for the current River squad. The 23-year-old forward from Corrientes had an excellent time at Lanús when he exploded in the 2021 season, after scoring 13 times. In total he played 59 games, with 22 goals and five assists.

It may interest you –



The post first appeared on www.clarosports.com

Leave a comment