Iraq complains to Iran to the Security Council News

The Iraqi Foreign Ministry announced, on Tuesday evening, that a complaint had been filed against Iran to Security Council International, against the backdrop of its missile attack that targeted the city of Erbil in the province Kurdstan Iraq It led to civilian deaths and injuries.

The ministry said, in a statement, that Iraq had submitted a complaint to the UN Security CouncilUnited nations“Related to the Iranian missile aggression that targeted… Erbil It led to the deaths of innocent civilians, the injury of others, and caused damage to public and private property.”

She added that she had filed a complaint in accordance with two identical letters to both the Secretary-General of the United Nations and the President of the UN Security Council through the Permanent Representation of Iraq in New York.

She indicated that she stressed in the two letters that “this aggression is a flagrant violation of Iraq’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, and the security of the Iraqi people,” as she put it.

The Iraqi Foreign Ministry said that the Iranian bombing on Erbil caused damage to public and private property (Anatolia)

Iraqi condemnation

The Iraqi Foreign Ministry said that it summoned the Iranian Chargé d’Affaires in Baghdad and handed him a protest note, in which it expressed its strong condemnation and denunciation of the “attack.”

The Iraqi government expressed its strong condemnation and condemnation of what it described as “the Iranian aggression against the city of Erbil and the bombing of safe residential places with ballistic missiles.”

Iraqi National Security Advisor Qasim Al-Araji confirmed that what he described as Iran’s claims of targeting a Mossad headquarters in Erbil Governorate are “unfounded.”

Al-Araji, along with the Minister of Interior of the Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Reber Ahmed, inspected the areas that were subjected to Iranian bombing in Erbil, which resulted in casualties and wounded civilians.

The federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government condemned the Iranian bombing and demanded an investigation into the incident.

On Monday evening, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard announced that it launched missile attacks in the city of Erbil in the Iraqi Kurdistan region, targeting what it said was “the main headquarters of the Israeli foreign intelligence service (Mossad).”

At dawn on Tuesday, the Security Council of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq announced, in a statement, that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard launched a ballistic missile attack on several areas in Erbil on Monday evening. As a result, 4 civilians were killed and 6 others were injured.

Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani said on Tuesday that the Iranian bombing of the city of Erbil represents “an aggressive act and a dangerous development that undermines the strong relations between Baghdad and Tehran,” as he put it.

Tehran stampede

For its part, the Iranian Foreign Ministry said earlier that the Revolutionary Guards’ strike on a “Mossad spy headquarters” in Erbil was a defense of what it described as “Iran’s national security to confront terrorism.”

The Foreign Ministry added that Tehran is committed to the security and stability of the region, but reserves its right to deter “the sources of terrorism,” as it puts it.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry indicated that the Revolutionary Guard had struck “terrorist” leaders and elements in Syria as part of “holding accountable those who harmed its national security.”

On Tuesday evening, official Iranian media said that Iran bombed with missiles and drones two headquarters of an armed group in Pakistan, following strikes in Iraq and Syria, which Tehran said also came within the framework of “holding accountable those who harmed its national security.”

The bombing led to the destruction of two main headquarters of “Army of Justice“In a province Balochistan Southwestern Pakistan, according to official media.

The Iranian bombing of countries in the region came after more than 100 people were killed and dozens injured in a double explosion in the city of Kerman on January 3, which occurred near the grave of the former commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Qasem Soleimani While crowds gathered to commemorate the fourth anniversary of his assassination by an American strike.

The Islamic State organization claimed responsibility for the explosion, at a time when Tehran vowed revenge against the perpetrators of the attack, which was described as the bloodiest in the country since the Iranian revolution that overthrew the monarchy in 1979.

The post first appeared on www.aljazeera.net

Leave a comment