Bus strike today: the UTA threatens with a new measure of force

In this news

The Automotive Tram Union (UTA) had warned on Wednesday that there is a risk that Some bus companies are unable to pay salaries for January.

As a result of that, the bells began to ring loudly. possibilities of a transport strike for next week. What is known so far.

Bye toll: the Government will permanently eliminate highway booths

Unexpected turn in La Libertad Avanza: what can happen now with the DNU and the bus law

Do I stop collectives? What is known

Will there be a bus stop?

“We are in shock, seeing the abandonment by the national, provincial, local authorities, Governors and Mayors”Collective passenger transport workers warned in a statement this week.

The union led by Roberto Fernndez warned the concern about the payment of salaries, scheduled for the fourth business day of each month, which in this case is not guaranteed by the province of Buenos Aireswhich must contribute its part for the compensations (subsidies) from lines 200 onwards, which only transit through Greater Buenos Aires (GBA) and do not cross into the City.

For their part, the group companies grouped in the Argentine Federation of Passenger Motor Carriers (FATAP) they continued with the reduction of night services between 9:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. the next day in the interior of the country. Furthermore, Frequencies dropped to 50% during the day and afternoon.

Faced with the panorama and the uncertainty about payments and timing, expectations regarding a possible strike grew strongly. So far, however, none of the entities confirmed it and even UTA sources indicated to The chronicler that situation would tend to get on track.

“We are working on that path,” they indicated, in addition to adding that both the Province of Buenos Aires and the City of Buenos Aires will pay next week. And, in case it did not occur in any district of the country, the decision of an eventual Brake of activities will remain in the hands of the companies’ workers.

Tariffs, subsidies and the fight for money

For him freezing of rates and the delay with respect to the “technical equilibrium values”, Both the Nation, the City and the province of Buenos Aires have to contribute money to sustain the service, approximately 90% of the total – the remaining 10% is covered by the passengers.

About the more than $100,000 million monthly which form the monthly cost recognized by the Nation for the maintenance of the bus system in the AMBA, Buenos Aires contributes 50%, about $50,000 million per month.

In the province they denounce that Javier Milei cut off funds to pressure Governor Axel Kicillof to support the economic reforms

Sources from the Buenos Aires government assured that “the problem is that the president’s government mercy He cut off all funds and programs to the province, creating a financial suffocation. They want to exchange financing for support of Kicillof to Milei’s madness. There will be no solutions that way.“.

From the Nation they maintained that the operation of lines 200 onwards “is the responsibility of the province, so they have to pay for it, not us.”

Did the tax pressure fall? Why a report denies that taxes have less weight

Truckers closed their joint venture after agreeing to an additional increase for January and February: how much did they charge

For bus companies, Rates should be around $800.in order to cover all expenses in gasoil, wagesspare parts, maintenance, financial costs and taxes.

Meanwhile, in the interior of the country, where fares in some cases exceed $240 per trip, companies request that the governors extract more money from the Nation for the Public Transport Compensation Fund.



The post first appeared on www.cronista.com

Leave a comment